Core Algebra I
Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto, Fall 2011
Agenda: Groups, rings, modules.
Course Highlights: We'll solve the Rubik's cube! We'll understand many groups of small order! We'll understand "Modules over PIDs"!
Instructor: v)., firstname.lastname@example.org, Bahen 6178, 416-946-5438. Office hours: Mondays 10:30-11:30 or by appointment (
Classes: Tuesdays 10-12 and Thursdays 10-11 in Bahen 6183.
|Teaching Assistant: Stephen Morgan, email@example.com.|
Lang's Algebra, Selick's lecture notes for this class, Dummit and Foote's Abstract Algebra, Hungerford's Abstract Algebra.
- My .
- My 2010 Class.
- Some (mostly complete) notes from last year's class: 10-1100-Notes.
- Some blackboard shots start at .
|Dror's notes above / Student's notes below|
- Student solutions to homework problems: 11-1100/Homework Solutions.
- Student notes from class: 11-1100/Notes.
- Read Along on material covering Modules (Dummit Foote and Lang): User:Vanessa.foster
- A rough and ready Perl script for Computing GCDs over the Gaussian Integers. (I provide no proof of correctness, all faults are my own, etc. -- User:pgadey)
- Some Media:study_notes.pdf summarizing the proofs we did in class pertaining to rings (jmracek)