|Welcome to Math 1100!|
(additions to this web site no longer count towards good deed points)
||Notes and Links
||About This Class; Monday - Non Commutative Gaussian Elimination; Thursday - the category of groups, automorphisms and conjugations, images and kernels.
||Monday - coset spaces, isomorphism theorems; Thursday - simple groups, Jordan-Holder decomposition series.
||Monday - alternating groups, group actions, The Simplicity of the Alternating Groups, HW1, HW 1 Solutions, Class Photo; Thursday - group actions, Orbit-Stabilizer Thm, Class Equation.
||Monday - Cauchy's Thm, Sylow 1; Thursday - Sylow 2.
||Monday - Sylow 3, semi-direct products, braids; HW2; HW 2 Solutions; Thursday - braids, groups of order 12, Braids
||No class Monday (Thanksgiving); Thursday - groups of order 12 cont'd.
||Term Test; Term Test Solutions on Monday, HW3; HW 3 Solutions; Thursday - solvable groups, rings: defn's & examples.
||Monday - functors, Cayley-Hamilton Thm, ideals, iso thm 1; Thursday - iso thms 2-4, integral domains, maximal ideals, One Theorem, Three Corollaries, Five Weeks
||Monday - prime ideals, primes & irreducibles, UFD's, Euc.DomainPID, Thursday - Noetherian rings, PIDUFD, Euclidean Algorithm, modules: defn & examples, HW4, HW 4 Solutions
||Monday - R is a PID iff R has a D-H norm, R-modules, direct sums, every f.g. module is given by a presentation matrix, Thursday - row & column reductions plus, existence part of Thm 1 in 1t3c5w handout.
||Monday-Tuesday is UofT's Fall Break, HW5, Thursday - 1t3c5w handout cont'd, JCF Tricks & Programs handout
||Monday - JCF Tricks & Programs cont'd, tensor products, Thursday - tensor products cont'd
||End-of-Course Schedule; Monday - tensor products finale, extension/reduction of scalars, uniqueness part of Thm 1 in 1t3c5w, localization & fields of fractions; Wednesday is a "makeup Monday"!; Notes for Studying for the Final Exam Glossary of terms
||The Final Exam
|Register of Good Deeds
Add your name / see who's in!
See Non Commutative Gaussian Elimination
Here's a tentative activity schedule for the last few days of our class:
- Wednesday December 3, 1-3PM: Our last class. Note the unusual time - that Wednesday is a "UofT Monday".
- Wednesday December 3, 3PM-4PM: Office hour.
- Thursday December 4, 10AM-12PM: Riddles session with Dror at Bahen 6183. Not a part of this class! Not mandatory in any way! Also with the students of 14-240.
- Monday December 8: HW5 is due! Hand it in to Dror's mailbox by the end of the day/by the beginning of Tuesday. (Extended from Dec 3rd)
- Sunday December 14, noon: At 24 hours before the final, edits to this class' web site no longer count for good deed points.
- Sunday December 14, 2-5PM: Pre-final office hours.
- Monday December 15, 10-11AM: Pre-final office hour.
Warning. Last minute changes are possible! Check here before you go.