Ukraine Canada Summer School 2006 Talk I
- Is the really knotted?
- Is the trefoil knot equivalent to its mirror image?
- Are (the "Conway" knot) and (the "Kinoshita-Terasaka" knot) really different?
- Which of these two is the knot at the gate of the Cambridge University maths department?
- Can you make a list of all knots?
- The trefoil knot is bounds a Seifert surface. Do all knots do?
- The complement of the trefoil knot is "fibered" with Seifert surfaces (see ). Is that true for all knots? How does one decide?
- Which knots are ribbon knots?
- Which knots are slice knots?
- And always, the hardest and most important question in mathematics: Why should we care??
- The Kauffman bracket and the Jones polynomial.