Comments about labeling
- If you do not pick up your HW at tutorials, please do not label your HW with one of the tutorial times.
- If (and only if) you want to pick up your HW at tutorials, please use only the following labels: the TA's name/initials, Wednesday, or Thursday.
- Please take the time to legibly write your full name on the top of the paper in the following order: [first name] [last name].
Comments about writing
- Take the time to tidy up your arguments and write them out neatly (if you can't write neatly like me, learn to type your assignments).
- If your homework assignments are difficult to staple, you are probably showing too much unnecessary work or doing work which isn't necessary.
- Arguing with me about every little point on homework assignments is not going to make or break your grade in this class. I really do not think this is a good use of time.
- Please take the time (up to 9 days after the assignment was due) to carefully think about why you might have lost points on an assignment/test before consulting me, Jihad, or the professor. I don't want to discourage people from discussing things with me, but it's been somewhat frustrating to see many people come straight to me without considering the possibility that they may wrong. Out of all of the reviews (well over 50) I've made this year, I can count on one hand the number of times there was a legitimate error on the grader's end.
Best wishes with your exams. Hope you all have a relaxing break.