CMS Winter 2006 Session on Knot Homologies
This is an information page for the session on Knot Homologies in the Canadian Mathematical Society Winter 2006 Meeting in Toronto.
Saturday December 9, 2006
Sunday December 10, 2006
Monday December 11, 2006
dell 720 inkjet cartridge adsense google making money never told ebay ebay fast internet make make money money adwords google making money cheapest inkjet cartridge adsense adsense adsense ebook google make money profits free pod coffee maker adsense adsense google make money more secret adsense adsense code google making money never told ebay make money simple way get paid for taking online survey in paid participating survey paid cash for survey online cartridge epson inkjet refill ebay make money online sell ebay free info make money credit card free airline ticket free international online paid survey 4inkjets.automarketsol.com.au cartridge inkjet toner cartridge color hp inkjet printer ebay money order brother printer inkjet cartridge ebay ebook make money make money on ebay free companion airline ticket free paid sign survey up cash google grant money survey survey easy get paid survey take canon compatible inkjet cartridge business ebay home home make money online store work cheap discount discount discount free plane ticket travel victoria secret gift card epson inkjet printer cartridge cheap epson inkjet cartridge make money selling on ebay online get paid for taking survey make money from ebay learn to make money on ebay dell inkjet printer cartridge best online paid survey adsense free google googleadsensesearchcom money discount inkjet printer ink cartridge inkjet printer cartridge uk adsense adsense adsenseprofit.biz google make money free to join paid survey online google make money free join new paid survey best way to make money on ebay paid survey review card depot free gift home remanufactured inkjet printer cartridge buy inkjet cartridge company listing online paid survey free list paid survey paid internet survey how to make money ebay store ebay making money secret apple inkjet cartridge hp inkjet cartridge refill inkjet cartridge compatibilty ebay make money sell free visa debit card cheap cheap discount discount free free plane ticket free visa gift card air cheap free ticket travel free visa credit card numbers anytime filling get paid survey lexmark inkjet printer cartridge discounted inkjet cartridge ebay ebook internet make make money money selling how to get free airline ticket ebay money making opportunity paid on line survey inkjet printer cartridge refill paid online survey uk air free line ticket free airline ticket adsense adsense adsense adsenseprofit.biz google make money adsense free google money take freewebs survey get paid earn ebay mart money save shopping wal paid survey for teen airline free ticket wendys ebay in make money paid for taking online survey credit easy ebay make money ebay learn make money using paid survey scams paid for taking survey online paid review survey epson compatible inkjet cartridge cheap hp inkjet cartridge free visa card ebay finance find investing money msn netster.com personal hp inkjet cartridge 15 google money inkjet ink cartridge free paid to take survey ebay google make money online yahoo make money selling web site on ebay registration survey paid free online ink inkjet refill cartridge printer ebay money maker recycled inkjet cartridge cartridge epson find inkjet money ebay adsense affiliate google make money much inkjet replacement cartridge making money on ebay ebay free making money adsense google make money more big ebay make money focus group online paid survey how to make money on ebay free directory earn google money make money at ebay auction online compaq inkjet cartridge hp inkjet cartridge 78 get paid to take online survey paid survey online fee no lexmark inkjet cartridge refill adsense google make money most paid opinion survey ad google money sense uk empty inkjet cartridge earn money on ebay adwords google income making money adsense earn google money make extra money on ebay paid survey online scam hewlett packard inkjet cartridge adsense blogspot.com google make money site answer online get paid survey hp inkjet cartridge buy adsense adwords google google google money money inkjet cartridge recycling cheap discount discount free free plane ticket travel free tip on how to make money on ebay take free survey and get paid free online paid survey find inkjet cartridge highest paid survey free membership online paid survey air free ticket can ebay make money canadian paid survey ebay know money which make money on ebay auction tip get paid cash survey inkjet ink cartridge refill inkjet cartridge fill survey get paid cash 4inkjets.automarketsol.com.au cartridge cartridge inkjet inkjet business cash google homebusness money wealth adsense find google make money get paid online survey free filling online survey get paid generic inkjet cartridge ebay free help make money coffee encased free maker programmable steel adsense google money secret how to make money online on ebay ad google money sense free gevalia coffee maker ebay make money uk brother inkjet cartridge paid survey canada ebay ebook making money paid survey at home adsense google make money not paid survey scam easy google make money does google make money ebay fast internet make make money money store paid survey company online paid survey top free hawaii airline ticket 2006 air companion free ticket free get paid survey taking make money selling camping on ebay directory free join paid survey lexmark remanufactured inkjet cartridge hp inkjet print cartridge 57 free get membership paid survey free paid survey ebay make matrix money selling site adsense can google make money paid to take survey online inkjet cartridge refill discount hp inkjet cartridge ebay secret success free line paid survey color inkjet cartridge dell inkjet cartridge adsense google money profits cannon inkjet cartridge get paid for answering survey adsense google money card free prepaid visa paid pay pal survey adsense free free google google money money inkjet cartridge canon survey take get paid cash ebay kit success buying ebay make money paid online survey ebay google make money online yahoo free 500 visa gift card hewlett packard inkjet printer cartridge easy easy ebay make money ways get line paid survey taking compaq inkjet printer cartridge cash free join paid survey ebay egold money pal pay ebay from making money 300 card free gift visa hp inkjet print cartridge 45 course ebay making money get paid to take survey hp inkjet 56 print cartridge card free gift secret victoria 4inkjets.automarketsol.com.au cartridge inkjet inkjet cartridge canada free survey get paid get paid take line survey air asia free ticket refilling inkjet cartridge cartridge inkjet remanufactured toner cash paid survey ways to make money on ebay ebay finance find investing money msn personal cheap inkjet printer cartridge offer for free coffee maker make money on ebay free ebook tool software adsense adwords ebook google google google money adsense google making money ebay ebay make money daily paid survey get paid to fill out survey ebay link success travelguy.typepad.com get paid for online survey ebay ebay make money secret selling today buzzback paid search survey web ad google money sense usa inkjet cartridge retailer delta free plane ticket hp inkjet print cartridge company get paid survey easy way to make money on ebay fee get no paid survey free coffee maker and coffee hp inkjet printer cartridge secret make money ebay hp inkjet cartridge ink dummy ebay secret success tip paid free survey internet registration free to join paid survey wholesale inkjet cartridge online paid survey scams how to make money selling on ebay business ebay make money diamond ring inkjet printer cartridge recycle inkjet cartridge adsense gogle google make make money money power hp 56 black inkjet print cartridge using ebay to make money make easy money on ebay earn ebay ebay make money monkey online paid survey top laser inkjet toner cartridge hp 57 inkjet cartridge canadian free online paid survey ebay story success 4inkjets.automarketsol.com.au cartridge inkjet inkjet doing online survey get paid hp inkjet cartridge 45 adsense google make money xerox inkjet cartridge discount inkjet cartridge adsense free google googleadsensesearch.com money market research company paid survey ebay ebook ebook internet make money selling ebay guide making money unofficial free wal mart gift card canon inkjet printer cartridge paid canadian online survey course ebay review success get paid for doing survey ebay make money off coffee free italian maker market research paid survey affordable inkjet cartridge make money on ebay auction paid to take survey ad earn google money sense company online survey paid google making money hp compatible inkjet cartridge earn google money lexmark inkjet cartridge get survey cash online paid affiliate affiliate easy google make money online way ebay guide guide making money unofficial unofficial paid survey at home.com epson inkjet cartridge consumer online paid research survey paid online survey and australia card free gift shipping visa best paid survey express paid survey inkjet cartridge online hp 56 inkjet cartridge market online research survey paid google money pro fill survey online get paid legitimate online paid survey freewebs get paid survey taking paid survey site ads google make money free google make money free get join paid survey ebay madness making money etc paid survey epson original inkjet cartridge free geneva coffee maker sell inkjet cartridge inkjet cartridge refill kit 4inkjets.automarketsol.com.au cartridge cartridge inkjet toner ebay make money more ways cheap lexmark inkjet cartridge hp inkjet cartridge inkjet printer ink cartridge 4inkjets.automarketsol.com.au cartridge inkjet toner toner online in survey paid canada ebay success lexmark compatible inkjet cartridge ebay free information make money cleaning inkjet cartridge get paid to answer survey paid survey company ebay exposed make money secret discount inkjet printer cartridge paid for doing survey compatible inkjet cartridge can you really make money on ebay free plane ticket discount lexmark inkjet cartridge cheap inkjet cartridge remanufactured inkjet cartridge free coffee maker can ebay i make money free visa credit card adwords google make money complete online survey get paid free coffee maker senseo inkjet print cartridge ink toner inkjet cartridge xerox inkjet printer cartridge making money selling on ebay free online paid survey taking sharp inkjet cartridge get paid for survey inkjet toner cartridge anywhere free plane ticket free list online paid survey does ebay make money coffee espresso free maker inkjet cartridge uk adsense adsense adsense google make money profit coffee club free coffee maker
Saturday December 9, 2006
|09:00-09:50||Plenary Lecture: Karen Smith|
|10:15-12:15||Lipshitz (1), Seidel (1)|
|13:45-14:35||Prize Lecture: Andrew Granville|
|16:00-18:00||Collin (1), Kamnitzer (1)|
|19:30-20:30||Public Lecture: V. Kumar Murty|
Sunday December 10, 2006
|08:30-10:00||Khovanov (1), Caprau (1/2)|
|10:15-11:15||D. Thurston (1)|
|11:15-12:05||Plenary Lecture: Susan Tolman|
|13:45-14:35||Doctoral Prize Lecture|
|14:45-15:35||Plenary Lecture: Dimitri Shlakhtenko|
|16:00-17:30||Ortiz-Navarro (1/2), Naot (1/2), Todd (1/2)|
Monday December 11, 2006
|08:30-10:00||Rasmussen (1), Lee (1/2)|
|11:15-12:05||Plenary Lecture: Dmitry Dolgopyat|
|13:45-14:35||Plenary Lecture: Shmuel Weinberger|
|14:45-15:45||Knot Homologies: Open discussion|
|16:00-18:00||Knot Homologies: Open discussion|
(The 1 hour long lectures are really 50 minutes + 5 minutes questions + 5 minutes break. The 1/2 hour long lectures are really 25 minutes + 4 minutes questions + 1 minute break).
- We construct an Bar-Natan like tangle homology for dotted, seamed cobordisms with coefficients. This theory is functorial under link cobordisms. In the case of links, a version of the original Khovanov Homology corresponds to the choice . Likewise, for we recover Lee's theory.
- Given a finite order orientation-preserving diffeomorphism of an integer homology sphere , it is an interesting and difficult general problem to understand the effect of the induced map on instanton Floer homology. In this talk, we consider odd-order diffeomorphisms of integer homology sphere and their induced effect on -character varieties and Floer homology. We are interested in cases where the resulting equivariant Casson invariant differs from the Casson and the consequences for finding non-trivial actions on Floer homology. This provides the first examples of non-trivial odd-order actions on the Floer homology of irreducible homology spheres. We shall also see how this can be related to the existence of incompressible surfaces in the 3-manifold
- We will give a construction of a knot homology theory using the derived category of coherent sheaves on a certain variety arising in geometric representation theory.
- We review known actions of the braid group on triangulated categories and their extensions to representations of the category of braid cobordisms.
- In the theory of finite-type invariants of knots, a key objective is to construct a "universal finite-type invariant", which takes values in a certain target space of chord diagrams. Construction of such a universal invariant can typically be reduced to determining its value on a particular kind of tangle, which represents a sort of "associativity" property. This value is usually referred to as an "associator", and it is hoped that finding an explicit expression for such an associator could offer significant knot-theoretic insights. In general, however, finding associators has proved to be an extremely difficult problem.
- In this talk I will discuss how a closed-form associator can be constructed in a particular "toy" quotient of the usual target space, which may ultimately help us to construct associators in more general target spaces.
- We will discuss some recent developments in Heegaard-Floer homology-progress on making it combinatorial and attempts to generalize it.
- In this talk I will introduce the universal Khovanov link homology theory (). This theory is developed using the full strength of the geometric formalism of Khovanov link homology theory and has many computational and theoretical advantages. The universal theory answers questions regarding the amount of algebraic information held within the complex associated to a link. It also answers questions regarding the extraction of this information by giving full control over the various TQFTs applied to the complex (along with control over other gadgets such as the various spectral sequences related to these TQFTs). After a brief overview and some reminders I will introduce the major tools and ideas used in developing the universal theory (such as surface classification, genus generating operators, complex isomorphisms and "promotions"). Then, I will present some of the advantages of such a theory, time permitting (more on the topic can be found at arXiv:math.GT/0603347).
- The Reidemeister Torsion construction can be applied to the chain complex that is used to compute the Khovanov homology of a knot or a link. This defines a volume form on Khovanov homology. The volume form transforms correctly under Reidemeister moves to give an invariant volume on the Khovanov homology. We use this to study the invariants of knots.
- Computer calculations suggest that the limiting behavior of the Khovanov homology of as is rather complicated. In contrast, the corresponding limit for the HOMFLY homology of is quite simple. I'll describe how to calculate this limit and explain why the result provides evidence for the presence of a symmetry in the HOMFLY homology.
- This is a joint work with M. Khovanov. We present a categorification construction for the specialization of the Kauffman polynomial and prove its invariance under the first and second Reidemeister moves. The construction follows the Kauffman-Vogel alternating sign formula, which expresses the Kauffman polynomial of a link in terms of polynomials of 4-valent planar graphs. We define the matrix factorization associated to the 4-vertex as a convolution of a chain of two saddle morphisms, relating parallel and virtually crossing pairs of arcs.
- I will explain how to construct localization maps for Z/2-actions in Floer theory, and how this explains the relation between the symplectic version of Khovanov homology and Ozsvath-Szabo theory.
- This is joint work with Ivan Smith.
- We describe a completely combinatorial definition and proof of invariance of Heegaard-Floer homology for links in the 3-sphere. We will show how to extract invariants of Legendrian and transverse links with values in in this homology.
- O. Dasbach and X.-S. Lin showed that the sum of the absolute value of the second and penultimate coefficient of the Jones polynomial of an alternating knot is equal to the twist number of the knot. Here we give a new proof of their result using a variant of Khovanov's homology that was defined by O. Viro for the Kauffman bracket. The proof is by induction on the number of crossings using the long exact sequence in Khovanov homology corresponding to the Kauffman bracket skein relation.
Letters to the Speakers
Another Accommodation Note
A good further list of places to stay is at http://www.fields.utoronto.ca/resources/housing.html.
Dear Speakers, I've posted a tentative schedule for the upcoming CMS meeting in Toronto on our session's web site, at http://katlas.math.toronto.edu/drorbn/index.php?title=CMS Please find yourself there and make sure you are ok with it! Poor Mikhail and Jake are scheduled for early morning talks; this perhaps can be changed, but I think they (and the rest of us) will survive this and gain some free time Monday afternoon which you can use either to fly home earlier or to join for an "open discussion". I hope you'll all choose the latter; I think there will be value to that discussion. Reminders: Travel Arrangements!! Hotels before Nov 15! Reduced rate registration by Nov 5! Tell me about your technology needs! Best, Dror.
Dear Speakers, A few reminders regarding the upcoming "Knot Homologies" session in Toronto - 1. You need to buy tickets and arrange accommodations! See my "2nd Letter" at http://katlas.math.toronto.edu/drorbn/index.php?title=CMS and also the "Accommodations Note" there. 2. The deadline for reduced-rate registration is November 5. Please register and keep the receipt, though remember that our budget is tiny so it won't cover much more than the registration... 3. If you'll need any special equipment for your talk, my deadline to request it is Friday November 3rd, so please tell me about it soon. In our lecture room we will have an overhead projector, a screen and a white board. Computer projectors must be booked now. 4. MOST IMPORTANT: If you haven't submitted your title and abstract yet, please do so ASAP, and also send a copy directly to me. I need to prepare the schedule for our session by next Friday (Nov 3), and my plan is to do it next Wednesday. It will be better if I'll know what you are planning to talk about! This applies to Caprau, Collin, Lee, Morrison, Naot, Ortiz-Navarro, Rasmussen, Rozansky and Todd. Your Obedient Servant, Dror.
If you're still looking for accommodations, I would definitely take a look at http://www.baldwininn.com/. A new place so no feedback yet, but the location is fantastic.
Shalom Speakers and Potential Speakers, A quick reminder - the powers above me request that you submit your abstract by October 15 (i.e., in about two days) at http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/winter06/announce.e#abs_sub. The punishment for not doing so will be that your abstract may not appear in the official program. This of course will not prevent it from appearing on our "internal" wiki site. Also, visit our internal site at http://katlas.math.toronto.edu/drorbn/index.php?title=CMS for the most up-to-date list of speakers. Lehitraot, Dror.
Dear Speakers and Potential Speakers, A few more words about the CMS Winter 2006 Session on Knot Homologies in Toronto on December 9-11 - As I wrote on the initial invitation, we only have a tiny budget to run this session - about $3,000 to divide between around 10 speakers. This means very little for each one of you, I'm afraid. If this scares you out, say so now and don't hold a grudge against me later! On the other hand, I think we have an excellent group of speakers (see http://katlas.math.toronto.edu/drorbn/index.php?title=CMS), so the meeting itself should be FUN. Now for the technicalities - 1. The powers above me request that you submit your abstract by October 15 (i.e., in about two weeks) at http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/winter06/announce.e#abs_sub. The punishment for not doing so will be that your abstract may not appear in the official program. This of course will not prevent it from appearing on our "internal" wiki site. 2. You are requested to register at http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/winter06/announce.e#registration by November 5. Please do so and pay the registration fees as on the web, and note that I after I refund those I'll have a lot less money to play with. 3. Find yourself a hotel room as on http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/winter06/announce.e#accommodation and book it by November 15. If you need my help with choices or with further choices, you know how to reach me. There are also much cheaper and lower-grade places available. Scott Morrison stayed in one of those three times and seemed happy and undamaged. His place is at http://www.affordacom.com/home.htm; it is within the lovely Kensington Market neighborhood, within 5 minutes walk from my house and from the math department and the Fields Institute, and within 20 minutes walk from the conference site. 4. Book your flights and let me know their dates/times. No deadline. Best, Dror.
Shalom ***, I'd like to invite you to give a one hour talk in the topology/knot theory session of the Winter Meeting of the Canadian Mathematical Society, to be held in Toronto on December 9-11, 2006. Note that despite the wide title of our session, I plan to make it quite focused, with most talks on or around knot homologies and with a relatively small (10-12) number of speakers. So you should think of the meeting more as a "workshop" than as a "session in an AMS conference". Though to cut costs, I'm presently inviting only people from the northeast, which is generalized to also include Chicago, North Carolina and eastern Canada. We will have around $3,000 overall to support the speakers. This is not enough to pay for all expenses, but you can assume that at least some of your expenses will be covered. Toronto's the second nicest city in the world and I'm sure you'll enjoy the meeting! Lehitraot, Dror.
Shalom Friends, This is not an invitation nor an announcement, just a call for your opinion. I was asked to organize a session in the Canadian Mathematical Society (CMS) meeting in Toronto, Dec 9-11 2006. I didn't accept or decline yet, but I will do so in 2-3 days and I'd like to get your opinions before deciding. My idea is to "hijack" the session and to organize it as a mini-workshop similar in style and content to the workshop Olivier Collin organized a few months ago in Montreal (thus the people receiving this message are the east-coast speakers from Montreal, and forgive me if I forgot anyone). More details: We'll have time for 8-9 one hour talks; a part of that (maybe 2 hours) will have to go to other parts of topology. We'll be able to split some of those to two half-hour talks (in fact, this seems to be the standard in CMS meetings, but I'd like to have as many longer talks as possible). I/we will have $2,500 from the CMS plus a small amount from my grant. So we will have to restrict to people from the east coast and even they may not get full support. So what do you think? Should I bother? Would you come? At this time neither this letter nor your response to it will be binding in any way. Lehitraot, Dror.