Polynomial Equations and Fields
Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto, Spring 2008
Agenda: Follow Évariste Galois to the top of mathematics' first mountain.
Classes: Wednesdays 6-9PM (OMG) at Sidney Smith 1086.
Instructor: Dror Bar-Natan, firstname.lastname@example.org, Bahen 6178, 416-946-5438. Office hours: by appointment.
Teaching Assistant: Yichao Zhang, email@example.com. Office hours: Tuesdays 1-3 at the Math Aid Centre, Sidney Smith 1071.
Grades. All grades will be on CCNet.
- J. Gallian's Algebra web site.
- Undergraduate Information at the UofT Math Department
- Undergraduate Course Descriptions at the Faculty of Arts and Science.
- Last year's class: 07-401.
- 06-401 with Julia Gordon.
- 05-302 with Mike Shub.
- 06-301 with Lindsey Shorser.
|Solving The Quartic With Mathematica. Read more!|