Geometry and Topology
Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto, Spring 2007
Fall Agenda. Calculus for grown-ups, in dimensions higher than one and in spaces more general than .
Spring Agenda. Learn about the surprising relation between the easily deformed (topology) and the most rigid (algebra).
Instructor., email@example.com, Bahen 6178, 416-946-5438. Office hours: by appointment.
Teaching Assistant. Omar Antolin Camarena, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sidney Smith 622, 416-978-2967.
Classes. Tuesdays 10-12 and Thursdays 12-1 at Bahen 6183.
Grades. All grades are on CCNet.
Some Teaching / Learning Philosophy
- Studying happens inside you.
- Dror's primary roles as teacher are:
- Highlight the overall structure / ideas / intuition / beauty.
- Set the pace and the standards / add a human touch.
- Take you on detours.
- (In all that, note the absence of "cover all the details".)