Polynomial Equations and Fields
Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto, Spring 2007
Agenda: (Groups,) Rings, fields, groups and some of the most famed no-go theorems of algebra and geometry.
Classes: Wednesdays 6-9PM (OMG) at Sidney Smith 1086.
Instructor: Dror Bar-Natan, firstname.lastname@example.org, Bahen 6178, 416-946-5438. Office hours: by appointment.
Teaching Assistant: Chao Li, email@example.com. Office hours: Tuesdays 12:00-2:00 at the Math Aid Centre, Sidney Smith 1071.
- J. Gallian's Algebra web site.
- Undergraduate Information at the UofT Math Department
- Undergraduate Course Descriptions at the Faculty of Arts and Science.
- 06-401 with Julia Gordon.
- 05-302 with Mike Shub.
- 06-301 with Lindsey Shorser.
|Click to see a more math-like view for the above (a bit less simplified)|
|Solving The Quartic With Mathematica. Read more!|