06-240/Classnotes For Tuesday, September 12
- PDF notes by User:Harbansb: September 12 Notes.
- If I have made an error in my notes, or you would like the editable OpenOffice file, feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com.
- September 12 Notes for re-uploading, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PDF notes by User:Alla: Week 1 Lecture 1 notes
- Below are a couple of lemmata critical to the derivation we did in class - the Professor left this little work to the students:
The Real Numbers
The Real Numbers are a set (denoted by ) along with two binary operations: + (plus) and · (times) and two special elements: 0 (zero) and 1 (one), such that the following laws hold true:
: we have and (The Commutative Laws)
: we have and (The Associative Laws)
: is an additive unit and is a multiplicative unit (The Existence of Units/Identities)
This is incomplete.